Friday, January 6, 2012

Sandra Meadows-Ingram Becomes Leader On & Off Court


When I saw Kiana Ingram and Alex Laparoyle play as freshmen at Kempner, I figured this would be the season that would make them legitimate contenders for a playoff spot after watching them play since before they were teenagers and this would be their junior year. When I saw them last season, I noticed Anita Kaduru going completely off and I figured they could not only make the playoffs, but possible come up with a couple of wins. No one was talking about Kaduru however she could play and that's one of the main reasons I started my own service, but again I have an eye for talent. This season has been somewhat of a nightmare, Kaduru late last season tore her ACL and just came back, while Laparoyle moved over to Foster, so much of the load fell upon the soft spoken Ingram, well that is until I saw them play. Kiana has emerged as a vocal leader and a legitimate scoring threat, leading the team in scoring during Sandra Meadows. Will they make playoffs? Probably not, but you just never know.