Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sandra Meadows-Bishop Lynch

Bishop Lynch has been a private school powerhouse over the years having won several state championships. My first look at one of their teams was back in 2006 when my daughters team, Westside, played them in this very tournament. Lynch was led by Maryann Baker who, like my daughter, had signed with Texas A&M . They became roommates, best friends and 4 years later National Champions and you wouldn't have perceived one of those three from that initial match-up


I had seen 6'4 Ashley Hearn walking around with 6'7 Tiara "Big Tee" McCowan, both are 2015's, over the summer however I had never seen her play. Too be honest, I didn't see that much of her in the Sandra Meadows Classic but when you're a "GURU" and the player is 6'4 with minor flaws that can be tweaked, you know before it's all said and done the, sidelines will be filled with colleges recruiting this young lady, she has the ability to do some big things no matter who the competition may be