Friday, January 6, 2012

Johnson Recovers In Little Rock


I can't tell you how many new people I met during Texas A&M's championship run because of social networking and it's always good to put a face with a name. One parent in particular told me I needed to check out their squad, New Life, because of the talented players they had. I had already heard about the program after they took T-Jack to the wire in the "Metroplexes" Big Flava Jam, so of course I wanted to see as much and as many as possible


New Life brought down a couple of teams and one player on their 15u team simply caught my eye, Anisha Johnson. Johnson was blowing by people left and right and sporting the knee brace to boot which also let me know there had been some type of injury, that seems to be theme of today's stories. Summer is over and school ball heads into part two, district play. Johnson has helped carry the load at Little Rock Robinson, leading the team in almost every statistic and still showing the knee is healthy