Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fighting The Hawk



Before I left Houston I checked the weather and I knew it was going t be cold in the Dallas area so I came somewhat prepared for the "Hawk". Arlington Seguin was on the road to play Mansfield Summit and they had to be prepared for a different "HAWK", Maya Hawkins one of the 2013 Texas Top 100 players I'll be interjecting business with road trips to reevaluate for the pre-exposure event rankings for the 2013 class

How valuable is Hawkins to the team? In the first quarter they were down 3-0 before she effortlessly went coast to coast for their first score. She picked up her second foul in the first quarter and sat until the third, so for the 12 minutes she was out, Summit scored 13 points
Ashley Eli helped keep it together while Hawkins was out of the game however the energy on both ends of the court the feisty point guard brings is what makes this club go, I think I heard somewhere the game starts at the one. Hawkins started the third and fourth quarters just like she did in the first and that's with a bucket but her mere presence on the floor is something they will need if they want to be a contender for the 4A State Championship, like they looked defeating The Woodland in the Texas Invitational